Monday, July 7, 2008

Where It All Began






So I guess I will start from the beginning. Todd and I met when we were in highschool working at Kid's Place. Todd was a senior and I was a junior. We went to completely different schools and were very different people. I remember Todd being so funny! But neither of us would have dated the other. Time went on and I got a new job at he mall while Todd remained at Kid's Place. We both graduated and went seperate ways to college. But during a couple years at LCC I would see Todd on campus with Derrick. I never said anything to him because whenever I go up to people that I remember from way back they seem to never remember who I am...so the fear of rejection I guess set in. I ended up getting a job at an after school program one summer and was assigned to a certain school. At orientation, Todd came in late and sat down right across from me. He was going to be working at the same place. So I was so happy to see a familiar face. He had been working there for a few years and loved it. One day before we started camp we both got called in to fill in for a few people who called in sick. I had never been to this place to work before and was so bummed that I was going to have to be there all day without knowing anybody. I walk in and low and behold...there sits Todd. I ran up to him and told him I was so glad to see someone I knew. He felt the same way and we spent the rest of the afternoon together. Our conversations came easily and I believe I can still remember what he wore that day. Camp started and we were together all day everyday. He decided one day that he was going to ask me out on a date...excuse me...tell me we were going to go have mexican food. Our date came and we didn't want the night to end...now the rest is history. I knew that he was the one on our first date! Now we are married and have a beautiful daughter together! Life couldn't get better!

No comments: